Job type: Full-time
Report to: CEO
About M Agency:
Do you want to be part of an award-winning marketing agency? Are you interested in working at a purpose-powered, people-centered organization? Are you a creative and critical thinker?
M Agency is a strategic partner for companies looking to understand brand’s why, build memorable brand stories, websites and marketing campaigns based. When a business is ready to win their audience and accelerate their growth, M’s world-class team is here to promote their products and services, the brands that support them, and the sites that sell them. In addition to being purpose-powered and people-centered, we’re results-driven with a healthy obsession for executing the highest quality work and always giving more than we take.
M Agency is committed to working with organizations that are aligned with our vision of meaningful work and are committed to their WHY. This work affords us the opportunity to tell great stories with companies that lead with passion and a clear vision for WHY they do what they do!
Our team is made up of spirited and talented individuals located throughout the United States and Canada. Our core values keep our spirits aligned with making things meaningful both internally in our team and externally with our clients! We work so that our clients grow and profit. We appreciate each other, our clients, and our community. And we create our best environment possible with teamwork, tenacity, and talent.
M Agency is seeking a Controller who enjoys uncovering the story that our financial data tells. This role will help us continue to grow and support our women-owned agency in informed business decisions that are aligned with our organization’s mission and why!
This position is for you if you love marketing and financial management! You are always looking for ways to increase accuracy and efficiency while maintaining consistency during all the changes that occur in a growing business.
You have a growth mindset and are a self-starter and enjoy working with creatives.
- Day-to-day accounting, including invoicing, account reconciliations, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable collections and payroll.
- Accounts Receivable invoicing and collections
- Accounts Payable vendor bill review and payment
- Efficiently manage cash; ensure timely collection of receivables and control disbursements
- Preparation of financial statements
- Maintain a system of accounting policies and procedures to safeguard assets, achieve objectives and ensure the integrity of financial data
- Reviews financial processes, identifies areas of improvements, and makes recommendations to ensure accuracy and maximize efficiency
- Participate in management, cashflow and other relevant meetings and provide expert guidance
- Prepares monthly and quarterly tax returns (B&O taxes – city and state)
- Assist in the preparation of federal tax filings with outside CPA
- Process Payroll through payroll platform
- Administer employee benefits including health benefits, paid time off, retirement plan deductions and contributions
- Implement employee onboarding and offboarding process as it applies to payroll and benefits paperwork, enrollments and continuation of coverage and compliance
*There may be additional responsibilities as the business grows, and our needs change. We will discuss these changes as they arise.
- Minimum 5 years in accounting operations
- BA or equivalent work experience in Accounting
- Excellent independent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and present ideas to all levels of personnel through the company
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Familiar with QBO
- Strong initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Must be presentation ready, with strong communication and proper attire
- Has owned budgeting, financial reporting and data analysis
- Proficient at QBO
Hybrid or Full Remote
Personal Development Coach
The coolest marketing team ever!
Diversity and Inclusion
M Agency is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Additionally, we know that a diverse workplace creates the most value for our clients and our employees.