Reports to: CEO
M Agency Inc is seeking a Controller, who enjoys uncovering the story that our financial data tells. This role will help us continue to grow and support our women-owned agency in informed business decisions that are aligned with our organizations mission and why!
This position is for you if you love marketing and financial management! You are always looking for ways to increase accuracy and efficiency while maintaining consistency during all the changes that occur in a growing business.
You have a growth mindset and are a self-starter and enjoy working with creatives.
- Day-to Day accounting, including invoicing, account reconciliations, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable collections and payroll.
- Accounts Receivable invoicing and collections
- Accounts Payable vendor bill review and payment
- Efficiently manage cash; ensure timely collection of receivables and control disbursements
- Preparation of financial statements
- Maintain a system of accounting policies and procedures to safeguard assets, achieve objectives and ensure the integrity of financial data
- Reviews financial processes, identifies areas of improvements, and makes recommendations to ensure accuracy and maximize efficiency
- Participate in management, cashflow and other relevant meetings and provide expert guidance
- Prepares monthly and quarterly tax returns (B&O taxes – city and state)
- Assist in the preparation of federal tax filings with outside CPA
- Process Payroll through payroll platform
- Administer employee benefits including health benefits, paid time off, retirement plan deductions and contributions
- Implement employee onboarding and offboarding process as it applies to payroll and benefits paperwork, enrollments and continuation of coverage and compliance
Minimum 5 years in accounting operations
BA in Accounting
CPA, a plus
Excellent independent problem solving and decision-making skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and present ideas to all levels of personnel through the company
Familiar with QBO
Proficient with Excel and Word
Able to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Has owned budgeting, financial reporting and data analysis